[ST] Re: Flickability

     Of course I'm not trying to argue that unsprung weight has nothing to
do with flickability. I'm saying that the 18 lbs total difference between
the RS and the ST is insufficient to be noticeable except in balls to the
wall track racing. Put a tankbag with a few routine items on the RS and it
weighs as much as an ST. (Admittedly "sprung" (?) weight) Now, where I have
noticed considerable difference is with different tires. I've tried Metzeler
MEZ 4'a and am currently trying Bridgerock BT-010's. Both the original BT
57's, which had poor traction, and the BT 010's were more "flickable" than
the Metzeler's, which I didn't like on this bike although I've had good
success with them on others. Next I'll try the Dunlops. Actually, if I want
to ride flickable, I'll take out my Norton Commando. Now, if it just had 40
more hp and something resembling modern brakes.............

Scott