Re: [ST] New Daytona

>I have noticed a distinct difference in flickability >between the Sprint RS and the Sprint ST. The ST seems >to resist quick directional changes more than the RS. >The main reason for this seems to be the extra >unsprung weight of the single-sided swingarm.

Darwin,
By 'flickability' I assume you mean speed of turning from straight ahead &/or changing of direction.
I am no motorcycle engineer, but I think the main difference you are feeling between the ST & the RS is the steering head angle, due to the higher rear ride height on the RS. The RS also has a narrower rear tyre which also speeds up the steering.
The single sided swingarm on the ST adds to the unsprung weight, but on the initiation of a 'flick' there would be very little rear suspension movement, & therefore no chance for the additional unsprung weight to have any effect.

Darren Mason.
2000 ST.
Melbourne, AuSTralia.