Re: [ST] Seized chain adjuster - update

At 09:36 PM 2/23/01 +0000, Bryan Marsh wrote:
>Or, roughly translated, "go away".  No, I don't agree all avenues have been
>explored.  No explanation of the nature of the problem and why it should not
>be covered.  I shall be pursuing this a little further.

If nothing else, I would like an explanation of the problem and what should
be done to prevent. There is no mention of lubing the adjuster in
the  maintenance checklist, so I am not sure what should have been done
that would cause them to deny coverage.

Maybe you can also find out what the procedure was to unfreeze the adjuster
- - I seem to remember that you used the "universal tool" without success.

Just don't take it personally if they still say no.....

>And finally, does anyone else's topbox leak.  If so, how do you fix it?

Where is yours leaking ? or are you just opening it and finding water ? The
only times that I have had a problem is when I have had something catch in
the gasket. Have you looked at it all the way round to make sure there is
no damage ?

- -Eric