Re: [ST] New Daytona -->Trophy

"Robert Fastner" <bobfastner@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Styling - You love it...You hate it!
>
>     Actually, I think the bike looks nice. I agree that it has a look
> derived from the styling cues of other manufacturers and hope that Triumph
> maintains a distinctive look. As usual, change takes some getting used to
> for some. I don't intend to buy a Daytona, ever, but wonder what styling
and
> equipment will transfer to the Trophy due out next year.

Ditto to all the above.  The new Daytona is growing on me although I won't
buy one -- not my type of bike.  I'm also wondering what a new Trophy will
bring.

However, I'm not aware of anything but vague rumors that a new Trophy will
be out next year.  Whether or not people think it is due.

>     As part of the brakes discussion, BRG/Keith had numbers that showed
that
> braking distance increases with a passenger (and I would think, luggage).
> think this is a result of the way the weight is carried. Passengers and
> luggage sit fairly high and increase weight transfer to the front during
> braking. I am hoping that anti-dive is engineered into the upcoming Trophy
> to counter this.

It isn't as much a factor of where the weight is, but that the weight (mass)
is there.  Think inertia.  If I remember my physics from 20+ years ago
(yikes!  its been THAT long???):

        mV**2   (that is velocity squared -- superscripts in plain text are
a pain)

>     I don't know how many of you are more interested in the Trophy or a
redo
> of the ST than in the Daytona, but I sure am! I think now is the time to
> offer up opinions. The Daytona is already a done deal. Does anyone else
have
> any? I hope Triumph monitors discussions here and takes heed.

Opinions?  Yeah, I got 'em.  955 engine in a Trophy-like setup.  YUM!  Make
sure the rider can get plenty of ventilatio when desired (I want it comfy in
Florida) but can shut down the vents if cool or rainy (there are other
places with different weather in the world too).  Truly my dream machine.
But please, no shaft drive!  I don't want to take the power loss.  It isn't
as if chain maintenance is difficult.  If you're too lazy to maintain the
chain, why do you ride the bike?  Hmmm, that reminds me.  My ST is overdue.
;-)

I know my opinion on chain vs. shaftie runs counter to that of many awaiting
a new Trophy though.  See, I told you I was opinionated.

- --
Bill "Bench Dawg" Flowers
Clearwater FL
'00 Sapphire Blue Triumph Sprint ST "Jewel"