Re: [ST] RE: In My Head

>>> "Bill Findiesen" <billfindiesen@xxxxxxxx> - 2/23/01 12:44 AM >>>
Hey Darwin, I'm open. But I would like to point out that if we need expert
opinion on this, it will 1. most likely support your opinion (and perhaps
many others) that the one sided is disadvantaged from the double sided for
several technical reasons, however 2. be an opinion that supports track
conditions more than street conditions. I think most street pilots would not
really feel the difference unless really pushing it, and if pushing it that
hard should probably get to a track to get it out of their system.

In fact, I know you are right. Question is - how noticeable will it be for
you on the street?
"open-minded" Bill

I think minute things like this are probably more noticeable to someone who rides a lot of different bikes than they are to someone riding the same bike all the time. You get used to things like a few extra ounces of unsprung weight and compensate. After a few days on the same bike, you don't even notice such subtle variations. And I doubt a small amount of added unsprung weight would slow anyone down on the street. This reminds me of the open class comparison in the new issue of "Motorcyclist." The Kawasaki ZX-9R was fractionally slower on the track, and when ridden back to back with the other bikes in the test probably feels a bit heavy and cumbersome. But an owner who was used to the bike would be able to keep up with any of the other three bikes on the street simply because it is impossible to maintain a track pace on public roads long enough for such minute performance variations to make a noticeable difference.

Darwin