[ST] Re: Flickability

>>> "Sum1" <iamsumtimes@xxxxxxxx> - 2/23/01 4:46 AM >>>
     Of course I'm not trying to argue that unsprung weight has nothing to
do with flickability. I'm saying that the 18 lbs total difference between
the RS and the ST is insufficient to be noticeable except in balls to the
wall track racing. Put a tankbag with a few routine items on the RS and it
weighs as much as an ST. (Admittedly "sprung" (?) weight) Now, where I have
noticed considerable difference is with different tires.

I agree. I think the size of the tire has a more to do with a bike's feel when transitioning from side to side than unsprung weight, too. Wider tires may look cool, but they seem to hinder such transitioning.

Darwin