[ST] Re: RS Starting Problems

"Roger Downham" <r.downham@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Unfortunately another problem with the new RS. It only happens occasionally
> but when hot and switched off  it sometimes refuses to restart. Battery is
> fine but no engine firing at all. Try it for a minute say then leave it for
> a time and it starts first time. I've checked the archive and found only one
> entry with exactly the same symptoms in October 00 but no one seems to have
> replied. It's back at the dealers now for a check but I fear the
> intermittent nature of the problem is going to mean they  find nothing. Any
> experienced listers have an idea what it could be? I have the carbon fibre
> exhaust and remapping if that's at all relevant
> Roger Downham
> 00 RS Eclipse Blue

Cycle Canada's long term RS had a bunch of problems with starting.  I
think it turned out to be a corroded connection somewhere, once found
and quickly fixed the bike was fine.  I may eventually find the issue
again if you want me to search, but I had to tear the house apart in a
cleaning frenzy for a party (my girl turned 2!) so it's sure to be at
the bottom of a big pile somewhere.

- --

Thanks.

Jeff Goss