Re: [ST] heated grips

Robert Smith wrote:

> Anyone done this? Any insights? $100US sounds like a lot for a light
> switch. There must be an aftermarket one that will fit.

You might be able to Dremel the blank on the North American switch
assembly, but you'd probably have to search quite a while to find a
switch that fits nicely and that is weatherproof enough. I have a
feeling that there's not a lot of room inside that control cluster. I
went ahead and ordered the switch from Jack Lilley and have been using
it for about 16 months now without a problem. It's even survived my
daily commutes during the rainy spell here in Northern CA.

Like several listers, my left grip doesn't reach the same temperature as
the right one. I don't believe this to be an artifact of using the
headlight switch, though. Someone (I'll have to search the archives to
remember who) successfully played around with the wire lengths to
increase the temp on the left side. I'll probably get around to doing
that one of these days, too.

FYI, the "European light switch" is actually the right hand side's
entire control cluster. Don't know if that helps soften the blow to the
wallet, though...

- --
Blake "Dawgbert" Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Burlingame, CA, USA