Re: [ST] Re: RS starting problems

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Jerry Spicer" <spicer@xxxxxxxx>

> Roger,
>
> I wish I could tell you why there are so many other numbers for the tune
> besides what the manual says. I asked my dealer what number tune is in
> it and that's what he told me. My friend had another dealer put a tune
> on his and that guys number was different as well. That same dealer
> checked mine and confirmed what my dealer told me the number was. I do
> know mine is running great  at all rpm ranges right up to redline. I
> know my buddy's bike is running a little different than mine and I
> believe he is going to take it back to have them check it. I don't
> understand why there isn't any consistency here, sure seems strange.

The info that I posted a few days ago about current tune numbers came
directly from Triumph, not from a dealer, so unless it has been superceded
(which I doubt) that means that any other info and tune is OLD.

> I wonder if the dealers are tweaking the factory tune and creating there
> own ?

Not a chance -- just ask Wayne MacDonald about the encryption that's
involved with the Triumph 'Gameboy' and factory tunes.  His 'Tuneboy' PC
program ('Gameboy' emulator) mimics everything but the ability to download
new tune data.

Neil