New Years ride

We managed to get a short (50 mile) traditional New Year's day ride.
Temperature was 22 when we left and I have to say our old Joe Rockets are
not the perfect winter riding solution. The Heli bars are not bad but
certainly not a big improvement over the GenMar risers, adjustability is
their only real advantage. I think it would be nice if they sold the bottom
mounts which would make it possible to use any tubular bars and would
probably sell for a reasonable amount of money. I may try some other tubular
bars that I like to see how that works out. The kimpex heaters for the grips
(Heli does not accommodate the Triumph heated grips) provide a great deal of
heat so I think I'll be putting a set on the Buell also. If you need a low
cost alternative I would highly recommend them. They don't wire up quite as
neatly, but the factory should always come out on top there. The roads here
are in pretty poor condition with snow and ice in spots but we were thankful
to ride at all considering the foot of snow we got Saturday. I know all of
the California contingent is feeling jealous since they don't have any
challenging conditions nearby to ride in. Don't be so smug Blake, you were
stuck here with the rest of us not all that long ago.

Paul & Dee
Madd Dawg & Dinky Dawg
1999 Triumph Sprint ST
2000 Buell X1