Re: Montana helmets

At 07:32 PM 12/31/00 -0500, norris family wrote:
>are these 2 states 'helmet law' states? i personally prefer to wear a helmet
>when i ride but there's something about riding a Harley that makes my full
>face look goofy.

According to my 2001 HOG Touring book, Wyoming and Montana require them
only for riders under 18. Of course, you have seen the responses
recommending helmet wear regardless of the bike you are riding. My views
are pretty much the same - imagine that I was able to tell you that the
next time you were going to go out riding, that you would have an accident.
You would of course wear your leathers, full finger gloves, a full face
helmet etc. If you ride every day as if it was the day you were going to
have an accident, you stand a better chance of survival should you have an
unfortunate experience.

>i think our next tour after this one might be on Triumphs with Rocky
>Mountain Tours in our own fabulous British Columbia Rocky mountains. Check
>them out in the latest issue of Cycle Canada.
>www.rockymtnmoto.com

Mike Ciebien who owns that touring company is on this list. Those that I
have talked with that have taken his tours can't stop raving about them.
Money well spent in my view.

- - Eric