Re: Aux. Power Socket

<snip>Also, where is one mounted, generally?  As you know, with the
RS, there is little in the way of "dash board" area, so I'm
guessing it will have to be installed in one of the upper flat areas
of the fairing, maybe on the opposite side from where the heated
grip switch was installed.<snip>

On the RS, that socket gets mounted to the left side, with a bracket
(included) that is sandwiched beneath the rear-most round head socket cap
screw of the bodywork. On my RS, it is barely noticeable below my knee. The
plug for it is part of the factory wiring harness, and I didn't have to
remove anything to fish it out and push it onto the accessory socket. Total
installation time was under 3 minutes with just a 5mm hex key (a.k.a. Allen
wrench).

It's one of the cheapest Triumph accessories to add, and well worth it if
you use any heated clothing. For the GPS, I'd have to agree that your best
bet would be to run a power lead directly from the battery, or better yet,
from a switched circuit off the fuse box. That way, it wouldn't drain your
battery if left on.

Ken M.
2000 RS

End of st-digest V2001 #8