Re: Routing GPS Power leads

Hi all,

Not trying to offend, but I think this "problem" of routing wiring is being
blown out of proportion. To start, I made double cigarette lighter adapter
using a John Deere plug (cheaper than BMW) and a two-to-one lighter adapter
from Radio Shack. I decided to use this method because both my GPS and radar
detector have standard lighter plugs for power. As far as the cables, I just
route them from the plug (on my ST) under the edge of the fairing and up to
the GPS. I zip tie the power cable to the fairing bracket (which, by the
way, is also a mounting point for my tank bag). The power cable is out of
the way, out of the wind, and secure. I made a GPS mounting bracket that
uses the tank mounting bolt. I got the idea from that from somebody on this
forum, although I have forgotten who to thank. The whole rig works extremely
well.

I strongly recommend leaving the tank alone (not lifting to run wires) and
using the factory plugs.

My 2 cents.

Larry
99ST