Re: Pannier System

I noticed a bit of play in my side bags a while back also.
To help solve the problem, I have glued some thin aluminum
strips to both the mounting rails and the bags themselves,
where they touch. They were still a bit loose, so I glued
a bit of rubber tubing to the aluminum on the bag side.
Now they are nioce and snug.

I also fitted a couple of brackets and a solid rubber
bungie cord to clamp the two bags together. It is far
more solid and stable, and I think will help prevent
abrasion at the points I have mentioned above. The
bracket allows the bungie to fall off should the bag
itself become loose and fall off. (I added the bungie
after reading about a fellow STer who made a mess of
things when the bag fell off but the bungie swung it
around causing further damage.

I'll send pics to Eric.