Re: Senders

In a message dated 1/6/01 11:56:37 PM Central Standard Time,
owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

FWIW I would change the old sensor to the new one. If you wait (I did and it
eventually started leaking) you are putting off the inevitable. I think the
new units have been out long enough you would have heard more if they were
still a problem.
The new units do fix the accuracy just the leak. The low fuel light seems to
work correctly.

> To clarify (and possibly save him some grief), the Triumph guy did not tell
>  me not to change the fuel sender ... he just suggested I hold off a bit
>  (unless other problems were forcing me to change the sender immediately)
>  until it was clear that that the new senders truly fixed the problem and
>  didn't leak.

David (Bird Dawg) Viosca
99 ST, "RIP"
00 V11s, Kermit