Lost Panniers, sensors

Just catching up with the weekend's digests...

When my dealer installed the Triumph two-piece luggage set on my '00 ST, he
(a woman would have had more sense) installed the locks for the bags (key
removable when unlocked) and the locks used to hold the bags on (key NOT
removable when unlocked) the wrong way round. One or other of my Triumph
bags could have met the same fate if I hadn't been fastidious about
ensuring they were locked on.

He ( a woman etc.) didn't even wonder why the lock rotation on one bag went
from 45 degrees to 135 degrees, while the locks on the other bag went from
90 to 180. Or he noticed and didn't think. Or he thought and didn't care.

It's not difficult to switch the locks around, which is what I did. I also
noticed that the locking tang on one of my bags got bent, causing the bag
to be a loose fit. I fixed that too, but the tangs seem to be relatively
easily bent.

BTW, the fuel sender on my bike (built 11/99) ain't broke and I ain't gonna
fix it. Or not until the warranty is almost out, anyway. Besides, the gauge
reads just the same as the gauge on my '95 Astro AWD. Full = anything from
full to 1/4. Half = almost out. Quarter = panic. There's always the warning
light...

Hope this helps,

Robert Smith--Freelance Writer
www.smith.bc.ca