Re: RS Lights & side panels

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "David McCarthy" <dave.mac@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> > The left headlight lens, a Triumph-branded part, has number 90-1095L-L
in
> > the glass along the bottom edge, and the right headlight lens, which is
> > marked TYC (whoever they are), has number 90-1095L-R.  Obviously
> > the letter
>
> >From my UK Spec 2000 Model ST:
>
> RH - TYC 90-1091R
> LH - TYC 90-1091L
>
> Mine was the original cyclops! Parted with the necessary £11, fitted the
> relays outside the dealers and then asked them to check the Main & Dip
light
> aim. No difference and no adjustments required.

It's interesting that both lenses are different from mine.

I stand on my original suggestion, which was that there must be a difference
in how the headlights will operate when, after the additional relays are
installed, they are now both on for low and both on for high.  But I'm
certainly not going to lose any sleep over changes made to someone else's
bike.  You and your dealer may not even notice any difference in light
dispersion patterns (and particularly if you don't have another bike of the
other variety to compare to).  Did the dealer check the headlights one at a
time by covering one or did he just look at the combined pattern, and did
they perform measurements or did they just eyeball the setting?  It also
doesn't particularly surprise me that the headlights don't need re-aiming,
but if it were as simple as just installing the relays, I think the part
numbers for the lenses would be identical on all STs and RSs.

Anyway, I'm sure you won't get an additional ticket for having the wrong
lenses ;o)