Re: RS Lights & side panels

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Fox" <pgf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> > > Mine was the original cyclops! Parted with the necessary £11, fitted
the
>  > > relays outside the dealers and then asked them to check the Main &
Dip
>  > > light
>  > > aim. No difference and no adjustments required.
>  >
>  > It's interesting that both lenses are different from mine.
>  >
>  > I stand on my original suggestion, which was that there must be a
difference
>  > in how the headlights will operate when, after the additional relays
are
>  > installed, they are now both on for low and both on for high.  But I'm
>
> why do you say that?  i can't explain the difference in part numbers,
> but i'm not sure why triumph would go to the expense of designing
> separate lenses for a single market, when the existing dual-use lenses
> would work just fine.

because it might be worth the effort to use a lens that is optimized for
only high or low beam

if that's the case, then I'm also saying that neither of my dual-use lenses
would individually be as good as the 'dedicated' variety -- but then I have
the additional benefit from dual beams for twice the illumination

bottom line -- we may never know for sure