Re: RS Lights & side panels

- ----- Original Message -----

> On mine (Australia) both sides have E13 in a circle with 020359
underneath.
> The right hand lens also has HR above the E13 circle and 12.5 beside it.
The
> left one has HC above the circle.

my headlight lenses have none of this, (at least from what I can see w/o
disassembly), except the right h/l says DOT at the top and the left h/l says
DOT M -- the part numbers are 90-1095L-R and 90-1095L-L respectively

> > >you may be absolutely right -- do your lights work together or
> > >one-at-a-time?

> They work together, but I'm sure I remember a post from someone else on
the
> list who I think bought their ST from the same dealer (Shogun, Brisbane)
and
> didn't have the extra relays fitted. So I don't know if Aus models are
> supposed to have both lights working or if the dealer just fitted the
relays
> before I picked up the bike.

most dealers won't do the mod for you, but may tell you how to do it
yourself -- I doubt that they'd do it w/o your knowledge, especially when
the relays are not free (they're cheap, but I would have thought a dealer
would make a point of showing you what good guys they are) -- the model year
is very important -- yours is a '00 right? -- if yours is 'stock' with both
headlights working in unison and you have the same lenses as fitted on a
one-eyed ST in the UK, then it would appear that the 90-1091 lenses are for
countries where you ride on the left.  it would be nice to know for sure if
your bike has been modified or not