RE: RS Lights & side panels

> I stand on my original suggestion, which was that there must be a
> difference
> in how the headlights will operate when, after the additional relays are
> installed, they are now both on for low and both on for high.

??????????????????????????????????????? Now I am confused.

> But I'm
> certainly not going to lose any sleep over changes made to someone else's
> bike.  You and your dealer may not even notice any difference in light
> dispersion patterns (and particularly if you don't have another
> bike of the other variety to compare to).  Did the dealer check the
headlights one at a
> time by covering one or did he just look at the combined pattern, and did
> they perform measurements or did they just eyeball the setting?

They were checked one at a time, then as a pair using the standard beam
alignment checking device they use during an MOT.

> It also
> doesn't particularly surprise me that the headlights don't need re-aiming,
> but if it were as simple as just installing the relays, I think the part
> numbers for the lenses would be identical on all STs and RSs.
>
> Anyway, I'm sure you won't get an additional ticket for having the wrong
> lenses ;o)

Who can say if I have the right or wrong lenses? Who can say if you have the
right or wrong lenses.  Are we not just going a bit OTT here. The 2000 bike
has a lights problem, 2 relays fixes it, end of story!!!

Dave Mc