Re: accessory port and heated clothing

 > I'm looking to put the accessory port on my new rs. Does anyone know if the
 > heated clothing, like those made by widder and gerbing can connect directly
 > to the port?

the triumph socket is the same as the bmw socket, so any accessories
or adapters that work for bmw will work for triumph.

however, if all you're using is a vest, you may not need, or want, the
triumph connector.  all electric clothing comes with a little length
of (fused) wire and a connector, set up for hooking up to the battery.
the usual place for that to be positioned is so that the connector
emerges from between the seat and the tank.  i find this to be a far
preferable location for the connector (easier to reach, more convenient)
than way down on the side of the bike.  i also prefer the non-bwm
connectors since they will disconnect more readily if you forget, and
walk away from the bike without unplugging.

in any case, you could try the clothing with the supplied connector, and
if you don't like it, get the triumph socket, and the appropriate adapter,
later on.

paul