Re: accessory port and heated clothing

I've used the BMW - John Deere ( yes John Deere tractors have these
installed as accessory outlets!) style connectors for close to a 100K
miles of riding with NO failures of any kind. It is a very robust and
reliable plug. They are also pretty much water proof in that they
won't short out if they get wet.. a very good thing on a long
,cold,WET,ride.
Also having the female receptacle installed on the bike makes it VERY
easy to hook up battery tenders etc.

Erik