RE: Comfort on ST

     Regarding comfort on the ST, I just purchased a 2001 ST (Racing
Green) and experience discomfort and fatigue as well.

     (Before I continue, I guess I'll say hello to the list from Seattle
Washington US.  It's great to be riding again.)

     As other readers have mentioned, I believe my problems are all rider
induced.  I'm tense from riding a new bike while carefully monitoring
the tach on break-in in winter weather after having been barely riding
for the last five years.

     I *constantly* have to maintain a little reminder voice (he lives in
my right thumb) that tells me to "Relax!" every few minutes.  I find
that my body is getting into shape for supporting weight on the wrists
(my hand muscles were sore the first couple of weeks; mostly gone now),
and for the time being I am just not relaxing enough when riding.  In
fact, often it's as simple as consciously relaxing without even changing
my riding position.  I recall someone saying that this is a common
lesson to learn on the track as well.  Occasionally I also need to use
my back more to support my weight (it's really easy for me to ride
without any weight on my wrists at all if I think about it.)

     I'm hoping the rider will be mostly broken in the same time the bike
is.