Re: RS Lights & side panels

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Danny Mitchell"

> I know people are getting tired of this issue, but I would like to bring
up 1 more
> point.
> When I press the "pass light" button, both head lights come on (when on
low beam)
> but 1 is on low
> and 1 is on high when I do this,

Umm, I'm looking at the wiring diagram of the RS which depicts both relays
in place, and from what I can see, when you press the passing button both
main beams (hi-beams) illuminate.  The moment you depress the button 12v is
applied directly to the main filament of headlight 2 (not sure if this is
left or right) and the same voltage is used to close the main beam relay,
thus applying power to the main filament of headlight 1.  In fact the
passing button is directly connected to the main (hi) beam side of the
headlight dipswitch, so there's no way you could be turning on the low beam
of either headlight with the passing button ---- unless of course your bike
is wired wrong, which I doubt

> so by putting these relays in you are saying that
> the high beam light becomes high and low beam. And if so does the low beam
become
> high and low also. This doesn't make any sense to me.

With both relays installed both dip (low) beam filaments are illuminated
together when the headlight dipswitch is in the dipped (low-beam) position,
and both main (hi) beam filaments are illuminated together when the
headlight dipswitch is in the main (hi-beam) position.  The low and high
beams are never turned on simultaneously.