Re: Health Insurance Coverage for Motorcyclists

On my insurance (US) there are several categories that vehicles can get
put into for rate purposes.  Three of them are 'work', 'school', and
'recreational' (there may be more).  It may also be possible with some
insurance companies to give a percentage of use to each of the
categories.  Recreational is the least expensive with my insurer and
since I didn't drive to work (walking was much easier as work was only
about 20 feet down the sidewalk) I chose to save some money.  I would
guess that many people classify their motorcycles as recreational with
their insurers as a way to save money.As such, vehicle owners
(motorcycle, SUV, RV, etc) actually indicate on their policies what
their intended use of their vehicle is.

I think this is as big a crock of sh-- as the rest of you.  A motorcycle
has the same rights, priveleges, and responsibilities as an automobile
on the road.  The motorcyclist should have the same.

Dan Wallander
99 ST