Re: Health Insurance Coverage for Motorcyclists

>Or is the
>US legal system totally different to the UK?

Yes they are different, our judges don't wear silly white wigs.

Actually though, America's favorite pastime seems to be sueing anyone and
everyone, instead of taking responsibility for our own actions and/or
stupidity.

I remember being really impressed when visiting England and Wales that you
were allowed to actually climb up to the edge of a castle ruin that dropped
of 100 feet down on the other side.

In the U.S. (assuming we had 600 year old castles) there would be a chain
link fence around the whole castle and about a dozen warning signs.

So between corporations being preemtive against getting sued, and the
government trying to protect us from ourselves, we find the land of the
free is becoming less so every day. We also have a population that is less
and less comfortable with risk, even if it means not living a meaningful
life, and that is bad news for motorcyclists, both for the rules spawned by
that attitude, and by the fewer participants in the sport.

Matt Knowles - matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://home.earthlink.net/~mattknowles
Aesthetic Design & Photography - (707) 786-4643
http://www.aestheticdesign.com