liability question, was: Health Insurance C ...

On Thu, 11 Jan 2001, Matt Knowles wrote:

> Actually though, America's favorite pastime seems to be suing anyone and
> everyone, instead of taking responsibility for our own actions and/or
> stupidity.

Here is a thought/question for y'all. I was talking to a guy this
morning that had his bike stolen, yes bike thieves are scum. Anyway,
he was in the process of changing from NJ insurance to TX insurance
and the bike was currently not covered. So he is now in the process
of suing his apartment complex, as security was not adequate, that
is the gates are often left open all day long and such.

Should the apartment complex be liable for someone entering the
property, more or less broad daylight (between 6 and 8am) with a
truck and trailer and stealing his bike, '97 cbr600 BTW?

For his part he had a disk lock on the front.

Thom

Thomas Emberson  <Thomas@xxxxxxx>        http://get.qnx.com
QNX Software Systems Inc.
5100 Tennyson Parkway, Suite 1000, Plano, TX, 75024
V: 214-495-5665  F: 214-495-5664