re: New Blue RS

>  From: "r.downham" <r.downham@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, on 01/12/2001 19:15:
>  Hi
>  Well since asking your advice at the end of December about a new RS I've
>  taken the plunge and exchanged my YZF600R Thundercat for a Blue 00 RS. I
>  went for the additional hugger, front mudguard extender, heated grips and
>  carbon exhaust (although I'm waiting until the first service for that to be
>  fitted).

	Congratulations!

>  Since I've been keeping up with topics on the list I was going to ask the
>  dealer about the relays required for the twin lights to work together but he
>  had already done it when I picked it up.

	Buy that man a beer! Now that's what I call service.

>  I've also had the clutch span reduction accessory fitted and the ST cable to
>  get over both the reach and the strong feeling clutch I had noticed on the
>  demo bike. The dealer knew about both issues and fixed them as part of the
>  deal.

	Geez, this guy might earn a big, wet, sloppy kiss yet...

>  So I'm looking forward to this weekend to get some run-in miles out of the
>  way. Not exceeding 3500 revs is going to be tough but I guess it is only for
>  100 miles.

	Yeah, it's tough, but do it right so you'll have faith in your steed.

>  One small question if anyone has the Triumph heated grips fitted which I
>  forgot to ask ( but can tomorrow I suppose). Should the switch be lit when
>  the grips are on?

	It looks like there should be a light, but there isn't. Heated grips
are wonderful when you need 'em, though.

Welcome to the party,

	"Jedi Dawg"  Jim Huber
	'00 blue ST  "Rhiannon"
	'01 SV650S  "Cherii"