Protect 'n ride

This may only apply to owners in the UK since the above named product may
not be available  elsewhere.
Ride magazine mentioned it a month or so ago in an article relating to
winter riding and I bought it for the yzf600r before I bought the new RS
last week. I am reluctant to use it on the new bike although common sense
would say that is the time to use it before the crud gets onto everything.
I've spoken to the supplier who says it is a wax product which loks a little
like candle wax when applied but that can be washed without wearing off. The
instructions on the container are pretty limited and when you get advice
there are all sorts of places wher it is unsuitable eg brakes, pads,
exhaust, top of engine etc. It can only be got off with white spirit so I'm
sure that if it gets sprayed on there are going to be places you can't get
to to clean it off.
Anyone any experience of the product or got any advice as to how to keep the
RS looking as good as new through the winter?
Roger Downham
00 RS Eclipse Blue