which Oil is best?

I don't know if this is the right time to ask this question, but I would
really like to get your valued opinions regarding which oil is best for my
'01 RS. Currently Triumph recommends 10W-40 synthetic or semi synthetic oil
and specifically mention Mobil 1. Mobil 1 carries an API SH rating suitable
for vehicles made up to 1996.
Theoretically this entails that much cheaper oils such as Castrol GTX
Magnatec (semi synthetic so it falls inside Triumph's recommendation) which
is an SJ rated oil should be better for my '01 bike ??????
Please have a look at the API's site and download their .PDF oil guide
  api.org/programs_services/quality/oilguide.pdf
What is the real story behind this? Certainly The Mobil 1 is a better oil
than the GTX Magnatec regardless of the API rating?
Alternatively I could use the new Petronas Syntium which claims to exceed
API SJ requirements but is only available in 5W-40 which falls outside
Triumph's recommendation.
What are the Dawgs using in their bikes and how often do you change your
oil?

PS. It really gets hot where i'm staying and even in the worst winter
weather it never gets below freezing.

Best Regards
Gerrit Herbst
'01 Yellow RS