Re: Neil Lindsey (Light Lens No.)

> If you can be sure that your dealer didn't do the mod without you knowing
> (during dealer prep before you got your bike), then it looks like lenses
are
> different on UK STs only because you drive on the opposite side of the
road
> in the UK.  We have other reports of the same lenses in use on 'factory'
> one-eyed STs in the UK.  Thanks, it was worth checking.

After reading all the mails concerning lights and why some bike only have
them working one at a time and others always work both together, I thought I
would give you my theory.

I have recently made my 2000 RS use both lights at the same time just by
adding two new relays - thanks to everyone who told me how. I think that
both the RS and the ST are designed to work using both headlights at the
same time. There are four relays, each controlling one bulb filament - each
bulb having a dip filament and a main beam filament. New European
legislation came along saying that bikes should use just one head light at a
time so that bikes don't get mistaken for cars. All Triumph did to comply
was to pull out two relays; the one that governs the main beam on the left
and the dipped beam on the right thus ensuring only one light was on at a
time - an awful lot cheaper than redesigning the lights.

On an entirely separate issue, has anyone bought the triumph soft sports
panniers, and if so are you happy with them? (I have seen the fitting
instructions etc on the site but I just wanted to get peoples opinion before
I fork out £170)

Thanks

Andrew

Orange 2000 RS