Re: Disk locks

At 09:48 PM 1/16/01 +0000, you wrote:
 >Front wheel or back for maximum deterrent value?
 >Mike Bostock

My vote would be for the rear.  Makes it harder on the theives' and less
likely you'll be dumped if you try to go with it still on (if you put it on
the front your bike is likely to suddenly go left or right when the caliper
hits the disk lock.  What is even better is to get the disk lock with the
alarm built in.  I forget what the name is (too lazy to get up and run
outside to look at it).  It will go off if there is any movement of the
bike, thus reminding you that you left the bugger on there, as well as draw
attention to theives trying to pick up the bike and put it in a truck bed
or in a van.

Lex Offer

reffoxel@xxxxxxxxxxx

2000 Saphire Sprint ST