Re: superbikeschool question

Matt,

> >Of the people who have gone to this school, how many have ridden
> >their own bike, and who rode the school's bike?

I definately see your point, and if I still had the 9r it would be
no question. I should be able to get used to their bikes fairly
quickly, as my current bike is a '98 ZX6e and my other bike was a
'99 ZX9r, both bike I have logged over 14,000 miles. I believe they
are using '98 [or newer] ZX6r, but I completely agree that the
engines throttle responce, chasey balance and all will still be
different.

So here is where I am comflicted, on the ZX6e, I will be on probably
the slowest bike there, so immediate hit to the ego. But am I there
for the ego or the riding experience? (the correct answer is the
later)

So basically with your help I think I am going to sign up for it
and ride the 6. And yes, getting a ST is still in the plans.

thanks,
Thom

> 1. You're used to it. The less time you spend concentrating on new
> ergonomics, controls, handling, braking, etc. the more time you have to
> concentrate on learning how to go faster. One of Keith Code's main mantras
> is that you only have a certain amount of concentration (like traction)
> available. Where do you want to spend it?
>
> 2. It's your bike, and you will feel even worse dropping it so you're more
> likely to stay within your limits.

Thomas Emberson  <Thomas@xxxxxxx>        http://get.qnx.com
QNX Software Systems Inc.
5100 Tennyson Parkway, Suite 1000, Plano, TX, 75024
V: 214-495-5665  F: 214-495-5664