Re: Service Intervals

Josh: Follow the owners manual. It calls for 6K intervals. Minor
services are at the 6k intervals, major services are12k intervals.
Only thing I do differently is change oil more frequently 2-2500 mile
intervals, and brake fluid annually. I also keep on top of the little
stuff, fluid levels, tire pressures, brake pad thickness, chain,
cables, etc. My feeling is that a well maintained bike will first,
always be at 100% for safety and secondly never ( hopefully) leave me
by the side of the road, because of something I should have caught at
home. As an aside I bought a good tire repair kit last year to keep
under the seat ( co2 cartridges, etc) hate to get a flat and have to
walk!
Erik