Re: Who knows what these two sockets are for?

>>'closed loop catalyst only'
>>(which I believe is still limited to Germany only)

Probably California as well ? I believe they have strict emission
requirements there as well. Unfortunately the manual does not specify which
markets have which specification.

>>Curiously, the wiring diagram for the '00 ST makes no mention
>>of an O2 sensor 'per se', but does indicate that a Lambda
>>sensor is standard issue.

Lambda sensor is not standard on all bikes. My 2000 ST definitely does not
have one.
The wiring diagram also shows both headlights working & doesn't indicate
some only have 1 on each beam (ie: the relay is optional).

>>I understand that a Lambda sensor IS an O2 sensor

Correct, different names for the same thing. And a heated one just has a
heating element to try to get it to operating temperature quicker, & keep
it there under low load conditions. The output voltage of a lambda sensor
varies with temperature.

Darren Mason.
2000 ST.
Melbourne, AuSTralia.