RE: chain cleaning

> 	The Triumph Owner's Manual states that the chain may be cleaned
> by using "parafin". This is british English for diesel fuel.

No, no, no, no!!

Paraffin is not the same as diesel at all, although diesel does contain
paraffin.  In the US I believe paraffin is often referred to as Kerosene
(aviation fuel).  Diesel, diesel fuel and diesel oil is what trucks and diesel
engines (obviously) use.  Paraffin (kerosene) is used in oil lamps and was
common in stoves before home electricity etc. came along, plus paraffin is
bloody good for cleaning chains!

In the UK (at least) paraffin is usually light pink in colour.

Andy