Re: Synchrotech Helmets

>A German study of all motorcycle accidents found that 15% of the
>time, the right side of the chin takes a hit and another 16% of the
>time the left side of the chin takes a hit.  Which means a  1/3rd of
>the time, you get a shot to the kisser. I too will stick with my
>arai quantum.

Wearing a helmet with pivot points at the most likely impact areas is
a bad idea. The extra weight and noise offset whatever convenience
these helmets offer. The reduced strength in the most critical area
is reason enough to stay away from these helmets. They're better than
3/4 helmets, but I don't wear those either.

Darron Spohn
Hollister, CA
'00 Sprint RS