open tailgate. Is this safe?

	Well, I've done it for years with two dirt bikes on the tail gate
without any  problems. The back half of an ST is lighter than two dirt
bikes. I think the manufacture makes these things plenty strong for
liability reasons. the securing cables look very hefty.
	They know that four drunks often just sit on the tail gate:-)
	In a shot bed truck you can place the tie down brackets in the front
middle of the bed and about two feet down the left bed side. Place the
front wheel in the left corner and secure. That way you cut down on the
effective length through the axis of the bed.
	By placing the bike on the left instead of the middle, or right side,
of the bed you can see out of the rear view mirror plus look out the
back window before changing lanes.
	Hope this helps.
- --
Jack "Rude Dog" Hays
972-952-5065
"I'll see you on the dark side of the moon"