RE: Pick'm up trucks (Dawgs love trucks!) & SNELL

On Fri, 19 Jan 2001, Sanford, John wrote:

> G'afternoon Jim,
>
> The Chevy Silverado/GMC Sierra are the class of the full size pickups,
> followed closely by the F150.  A bit smaller is the Toyota.  Draggin up the

Umm, errr, I think you got the first two backwards :-)

> rear is the Dodge Ram, which has the worst reliability record of the crew.
> Dakota is an interesting alternative, smaller, more fuel efficient, but it
> may be plagued by the same quality problems as the Ram.
>
> The Silverado is the only one that has a truly adult usable back seat on the
> extended cab.  The F150's is kid usable, or small adult.  The Ram's is fine

Actually the F150 xtra cab is not bad, been in the back of one.
But if you are going to for a closer comparison try the F150
supercrew. Took a 4x4 one out for a test drive and they are very
nice to drive! If I get another truck that is it!

> for the dog or "stuff" but pretty much insufferable for more than about 15
> minutes by a regular human.  I've test driven all three, with my kids in the
> backs, and the preceding is essentially their assessments.

My personal order would be Ford, GM, Dodge. I've heard a few bad
stories about the Durrango and RAM, so could the Dakato be far off?
But that is just me.

Thom

Thomas Emberson  <Thomas@xxxxxxx>        http://get.qnx.com
QNX Software Systems Inc.
5100 Tennyson Parkway, Suite 1000, Plano, TX, 75024
V: 214-495-5665  F: 214-495-5664