Re: for Tim - chin cleaning ... and wheels?

>   "CAUTION: The use of silicone products such as WD-40 will cause
>discolouration (Britspeak for staining) of the chrome and must not be
>used!"

I should have also added this statement from WD-40s web site:

What surfaces or materials are OK to use WD-40 on?

WD-40 can be used on just about everything. It is safe for metal, rubber,
wood and plastic. WD-40 can be applied to painted metal surfaces without
harming the paint. Polycarbonate and clear polystyrene plastic are among
the few surfaces on which to avoid using a petroleum-based product like
WD-40.

So spraying it near your tires should be okay, although I wouldn't spray
them on purpose, and I'd let it dry before riding. Spraying the wheels
should be ok. Cleaning the bugs of the windscreen would be a no-no.

Matt Knowles - matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://home.earthlink.net/~mattknowles
Aesthetic Design & Photography - (707) 786-4643
http://www.aestheticdesign.com