Re: open tailgate.4x4 $$ solution

>I want to get a F150-super crew, 4x4-off road. Getting a bike up
>there will only happen for long distance trips. That is from dallas
>to NC.

I had welded a mounting plate, for a removable electric powered winch in
the back of my F-100 4x4.   I also installed a hard mounting point on
the tailgate, so the ramp wouldn't walk itself around.

You could singlehandedly load anything up to 800 Lbs with no problems
using a remote switch in the hand while guideing the bike by its
handlebars. The winch cables' hook would engage a nylon hoop around the
steering head. This was for a harley, but will work for our new
Triumphs, and other toys.

Peace,
Andrew
00 ST