Re: Tour of your fuel pump circuit aka Update on Sprint RS not starting

Hi Andrew,

Thanks very much for this detail; it may come in handy.

The bike is currently back at the dealers; here's the update
since you seem like a troubleshooting fan-

I rode the RS back from the dealer's Wednesday evening
after they replaced the fuse.  On the freeway, the power cut
out once for 5 seconds, with the yellow engine fault light on.
Then the power returned and the fault light went off.  After that,
the bike ran fine for 1 hour.

This morning the bike wouldn't start.  The fuel pump did not
turn on in 5 tries.  An hour later, it ran.  I rode one hour to the
dealers, it ran fine.  At the dealers it stopped running, then
resumed.  The dealer replaced the relay near the fuse box,
and I left for home.  After riding for 20 minutes, I stopped.
The bike would not restart.   I tried many times over 2 hours
to start.   Putting my ear to the gas tank, I could hear a faint
humming/clicking sound somethat like an electric motor trying
to start with insufficient juice and somewhat like a starter motor
with insufficient juice.  This was just turning the key.  The noise
would last for about 5 seconds, then stop every time I turned the
ignition key on or cycled the kill switch.  The humming would continue
for 5 seconds once initiated whether the kill switch and/or ignition
switch was left on or turned off.

When the dealer came for the bike with a truck after 3 hours, the
bike failed like this twice, then started on the third try.

Strange.

Thanks again,

Don