Re: Flip-up helmets

Erik;

My current helmet is an HJC CL-12. With HJC introducing a flip front helmet this
year I am very tempted to try and find a "pipeline" to someone with some pull and
find out if/when, why not they are planning on applying for a snell rating.

I would keep my "standard" full face helmet for everyday riding, but when on long
rides/rallies the flip front would sure be a welcome convenience.

Mark

Erik Miner wrote:

> >Correct Mark. And so far NO manufactuers of flip front helmets has
> >been willing to submit their ( flip Front) helmet's for testing. I
> >can tell you that the first one that does, and passes will get my
> >bussines.
>
> Erik
>
> > >From how I read their website, they "do not" have tests explicity
> >for flip-ups.
> >However, if a flip-up helmet is to be snell rated it must past all the same
> >criteria as a "standard" full face helmet. The will not test it as
> >an open face
> >helmet
> >
> >Mark
> >
> >Paul Fox wrote:
> >
> > >  > The point about chin bar strength is a good one, though.  If I read the
> > >  > Snell test rightly, it checks the downward (closing) strength
> >of the chin
> > >  > bar, but not the upward (opening) strength.  The same test in an upward
> > >
> > > snell has tests explictly for flip-ups?  is this new in the snell
> >2000 spec?
> > >
> > > paul
> >
> >--
> >Mark Dieck
> >Mesa, AZ
> >IBA 8482, Gerlach '00, F&C '00
> >Y2K Triumph Sprint ST
> >mdieck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >medieck@xxxxxxxxxxx

> >      The ST/RS Mailing list is sponsored by Jack Lilley Ltd.
> >          http://www.TriumphNet.com/st/lilley for more info

- --
Mark Dieck
Mesa, AZ