Australian recommendations/meet?

Hi all,
	A business emergency has come up, so I have the misfortune of having to
fly to Australia tomorrow night. :-) I'll be spending a couple of weeks
in Melbourne, with possibly a brief stay in Sydney prior to that. After
the work's done in Melbourne I'd like to take some vacation time and
dive the Great Barrier Reef.

So, given that sketchy itinerary, are there any listers close by who'd
be interested in meeting? I tried taking a look at the Registry, but
there seems to be some password protection on it at the moment. (I'm
horribly behind on the list email, so apologies if it's already been
covered in detail there.)

Also, recommendations on restaurants, things to do on the weekends, and
good dive operations around the Reef are most welcome! (Reply via email
to me directly, please; no need to spam the list with my off-topic
meanderings.) Unfortunately, I don't think I can stretch out my
itinerary long enough to let me see the F1 race... :-(

Thanks, all!
- --
Blake "Dawgbert" Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Burlingame, CA, USA