RE: Painting Helmets Take II

>>So my question is, should I or shouldn't I paint a helmet?

Sure, why not. I painted both of mine (mine and passengers)when I had my
bike custom painted.

>>Does it void the warranty?

Have no idea--but most likely.

>>Does it harm the helmet?  Are there paints you should or
shouldn't use?

Structurally, it doesn't harm the helmet. It's just normal, automotive
quality paint. The bear of the thing is removing all the vents, gizmo's, and
rubber/inner linings of the helmet without damaging anything so when you put
it all back together they looks and fit like they did. The secret is to take
your time. And remember that most plastic vents/structures on the helmet are
fastened with screws of some sort or another. Sometimes, it was very
difficult to tell however.

regards,
Brett
Seattle