Re: Speedo accuracy

Darren_Mason@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

 > I am sure being electronic, there would be a calibration pot. But I havent
 > looked yet to see if the speedo is a sealed unit, in which case it may not
 > be accessible.

The speedo is indeed a sealed unit.  The black ring surrounding the speedo
face is metal and it is crimped shut all the way round the unit - you 'd
have to be extremely lucky to take it off and put it back on again without
any damage. I had to change the speedo from km/h to mph when I moved my bike
from Germany to the UK.  I'd hoped that I would be able to take the original
apart, find a jumper or switch to change the units to miles and then just
change the dial.  Unfortunately, it's sealed and there are no settings
accessible at all.

Neil