Updated Race Tech Info

As some know I've been on a quest to REALLY get my forks correct. Yes
it know it seems that I'm very fussy but I was really spoiled by my
BMW K12RS with Ohlins front and rear. I have yet to ride any bike
that has a front suspension like the BMW's with the telelever once
setup with an Ohlins. It now seems from my most recent inquires that
RaceTechs recommendations on fork oil weight has been WRONG. They are
now and supposedly have always ( depending on who you speak with) are
recommending 15wt oil NOT 5wt as their web site and the instructions
call for ( FWIW the stock oil is 10wt) The fellow I spoke with at
Racetech sez they are in the process of revamping the web site and
instructions. The recommendation for 15wt oil is in line with the
other suspension tuners I've recently spoken with, and bears out my
experience having gone from 5wt to a mix of 5 in one fork 10 in the
other and currently a mix of 10 and 15 for an effective wt of 12.5.
I'll be switching to Ohlins 15wt as soon as the weather clears and I
can get the bike to my suspension guy. This now leads me to question
whether the recommended 2 turns of the emulators is also the right
setup. I've had them at 2.5 turns and that wasn't good.. too harsh.
I've also had the oil level increased 5mm, that's not good either
although it might work with the emulators turned back to less than 2
turns. ( more oil = more compression damping)  My current thinking is
1.5 or 2 turns, 125mm level, 15wt oil. I'm also looking into fully
adjustable cartridge style front forks that'll fit the ST/RS with as
little fussing and cost as possible.. I've said it before and I'll
say it again Triumph really needs to put better forks on what is
otherwise a damn near perfect sport touring motorcycle.

Erik