Re: The Perfect ST-- My Dream

<This is what it'll be: The current model as it
is now with the Daytona motor, not de-tuned by a straight swap .. an
ST with 130hp! Next give it the Daytona's fully adjustable cartridge
front forks, ( maybe with a sleeker front fender, and maybe in carbon
fibre) and a fully adjustable rear shock. >

Great idea Erik.  I have been following the suspension threads, and am
preparing to do the race-tech front and maybe the Ohlins rear.  My burned up
ST (fire at 13 days old) may yield up its motor for a Daytona rebuild.  Why
should Triumph not offer these upgrades which would be very popular in
another model?  The added cost for the upgrades we are dong would be cheaper
in the model you suggest.
Only problems with your suggestions are 500 bikes would be insufficient, and
black as the color.  They just got rid of the slow color.  I think a lighter
green with gold or silver wheels would look smashing.
Jon Stiffler
'00 ST (Sapphire blue, the current fastest and most head turning color).