Re: The Perfect ST-- trying to drift back on subject

>Are you referring to the John Player Special F1 cars of the 80's? They were
>black & looked great. Very ususual to see black F1 cars. I can't think of
>another example. They had Renault turbo power I believe. How, by the way,
>did F1 engineers get 1600 bhp out of 1.8 litres?

Very cool cars indeed. I got to see them at Laguna Seca one year when they
did a special exhibition, pitting two of their F1 cars against two of their
Can-Am cars. I'm not sure, but I think the Can-Am cars were faster. But it
was a treat to see the F1 cars, because at that time they weren't racing in
the US (at least on the west coast, can't remember if they raced at Watkins
Glen then or not).

My '83 Vision was originally black and gold, and I really liked the combo.
So my  vote for an ST Limited would be black, with gold wheels and striping.

Matt Knowles - http://home.earthlink.net/~mattknowles/sprintst.html
Red '99 Sprint ST - Ferndale, CA
'01 KLR650
'97 KLX300