Re: RaceTech

>could someone who has made the change, especially the racetech forks,
>try and describe the difference in ride, for someone who might not be so
>"suspension savvy"?  what characteristics of ride and handling does it
>affect?
>
>paul

OK, I'll try...I'm not the most sophisticated guy in the world, but here's
my naeive take:

The old front end was vague and kind of "floaty" until it hit the stops
(fully compressed) when it becomes rigid and uncompliant...so what happens
is that while you are riding into a corner, the front is vague until it
compresses all the way, when it starts bouncing the front wheel. This makes
me very unconfident in the front tire, while limits my enthusiasm...

post-RaceTech (springs and Gold Valves), I'd say that the front almost
_never_ is fully compressed, and even when not compressed, it passes all
the road information up to the bars without too jarring a ride. Kind of
like the difference between a 70's American sedan and a good current sports
car. So I feel like I'm always aware of what the front is doing.

Experts?? How'd I do??

Marc